Monday, May 15, 2006

Maybe I'm old-fashioned

but gee whiz. Couldn't I have had the chance to shake hands with someone besides my own realtor and my own attorney?

I mean all this money is changing hands, and some people who've lived in this house for 20 years are handing over the keys to someone they've never seen, and ... they don't want to meet the buyer?

Arghhh. The sellers did not come to the closing. My realtor hung around long enough to witness some signatures, pick up her commission check and take off. My lawyer passed me page after page of documents to sign, and the sellers' attorney was going to sign later for the sellers. At least the sellers' realtor was there. But then, she picked up a check, too. Vultures...

Somehow this whole business has felt like I got all dressed up for prom, picked up my date who didn't say a word the whole way there. When we got to the dance, they only had a DJ, not a band, and he got sick after half an hour. Everyone went home early, and I didn't even get a kiss at the door, because my date left after her first glass of punch via a side entrance...

I wanted somebody to uncork some champagne today and say congratulations, welcome to the neighborhood!!!

At least I got two remotes for each garage door. That's something.

No comments:

Who links to my website?