Friday, January 27, 2006

Week 2 in the books

With the exception of the death of my brother, it was a pretty good week. And taking the day off yesterday to work through his death and my memories of him, writing the eulogy I plan to give, etc., was a very helpful thing. So... I made it another week, sanity and attitude still intact! There's just soooo much to absorb! Wow.

The people here have been very welcoming and supportive. I'm having no trouble getting administrative help, and approval for staffing authorizations. They are even setting up temporary office space for me in an office back home, so that I can spend a few more days there and still work. So the week of 2/20 I'll be there the whole week. That will be so nice, to see people I care about a little longer than I expected. :)

Now, another weekend of house hunting ahead, and I hope I should have a good sense of the market by then and some idea of what we can afford when the official househunting trip happens (in March, probably.) Plus, dinner Saturday night with some friends from the last time we lived here, and Sunday night hosting a candidate for one of the jobs I have open. Two free meals this weekend! Yay!

No comments:

Who links to my website?