Friday, January 20, 2006

Week 1 in the books

Great week! :)

Had a recap with Rug (solid-line boss) today and he was surprised and pleased with how much I had dug in and learned. People I was in meetings with earlier in the week also gave good feedback to him on how I've begun to integrate myself into things.

Just starting to get a feel for things. I have a huge stack of stuff to read, and a lot to absorb. Much of the orientation is coming from Placa (dotted-line boss), who seems really easy to work for. Congenial, helpful. Gave me his home phone, address, cell today in case I need something after work hours. That's kind of above and beyond. Really nice of him.

He lent me a detailed street map, too, for the house hunting I'll be doing this weekend. This is in between laundry, grocery shopping, getting the iMac fixed or exchanged, vacuuming/cleaning, correspondence, etc. I'm so domestic! I'm experiencing a little what the life of a bachelor is like, except not a college student life - a mature adult life. Busier than I thought.

Not much time for night life, although last night I did manage to have a couple of martinis and an appetizer at a watering hole down the block. Kinda fun, and a nice place, but... awfully lonesome.

Still, not so bad. It helps to connect regularly "back home" by phone and email (even an IM session last night with college boy!) And it won't be long before I'll have feet on the ground there again for a few days. "Rug" encouraged me today to "get to some field offices if you want, and then fly home from there." So maybe I'll do that. Hmmm... where?

Now if I can just figure out my prescription drug stuff...

No comments:

Who links to my website?