Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tick, Tick, Tick

Time is running out here, folks. If the last company near here is going to do anything, they're going to have to get moving! I'm expecting the recruiter to call or email today with some news. Everyone's back from the holiday break now, and she was supposed to have called the HR lady there yesterday...

UPDATE: the recruiter called. The last guy I was supposed to interview with there (and who would share part of managing me) is just not ready to finish defining the job yet. Sounds like it's a couple of weks off at the earliest. But, the recruiter told the HR lady about my offer from the N.E. company, and said if that would change anything about their timing she would get back to us by Friday.

I really can only give them until Friday anyway. In this case, delay only means one thing... NO. Monday morning I call the relo people and get the process started - and begin to pack for my drive East. Well, actually, I called them today, and am sending all the startup paperwork tomorrow by Fedex. I have to get moving here. It's not a happy time around the house, but - what are we going to do? What we won't do is just sit here on our thumbs.

Interesting houses showing up in internet searches... 2000 s.f. capes in a very nice near-in burb for $299K. Hmmm. Might actually be able to swing that.

So many goodbyes this week. Church, civic orgs., non-profits... and of course, friends. I think I'm starting to get worn out by it. And then next week, an especially difficult goodbye as I leave town for several weeks. :( But it's only three weeks this first time. Back the first weekend in February, and hopefully I'll be able to see everybody then, even if it's only briefly.

No comments:

Who links to my website?