Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spending the weekend at Frank's

... hotel in Mason City. Frank Lloyd Wright's hotel, I mean. In its fully restored glory. Just a stunning destination in a lovely little town barely 2 hours away. Mmmm.






Not only is it a famous place for its architecture, but it's notable for another reason (at least to me). Look who stayed there on December 9th!


(hint: I ran his campaign in my precinct...)





Style details abound both inside and out.


I think I'll just let the pictures speak for awhile...
















Authentically restored to its 1910 glory as it was, the developers couldn't resist inserting a little 21st century technology in the 100 year old lobby washroom.


This quaint little burg happens to also be the boyhood home of Meredith Wilson, the writer of "The Music Man". And as small towns do, they capitalized on the tourism potential of that connection.






Guess they caught another couple of willing tourists willing to take advantage of the situation...

No comments:

Who links to my website?