Sunday, January 29, 2012

Praisin' Jesus a'la Carlos Santana

Well, sort of.

The church we visited today had a rockin' worship time that was populated largely with guys my age on brass (a'la Blood Sweat & Tears), women of roughly the same age or a bit younger on background vocals (think the Raylettes behind Ray Charles)


And guys laying down guitar licks and percussion that channelled Santana or Rare Earth. Man, it was like 1971 all over again, except with more Jesus in the lyrics. :)


And the Lead Pastor also was the lead singer. Ooh, a man after my own heart! And throughout the congregation were a bunch of men who looked roughly like me, such that during the greeting time I felt pretty.. normal. :) I'll save you the description of what they looked like. Those of you who know me can picture that "type" quite well.

No comments:

Who links to my website?