Friday, April 30, 2010

Can we streeeeeeetch this out any longer?

Apparently.

Decision on New England opportunity is delayed until at least May 15. Potential visit to West Coast opportunity is not going to even get scheduled until next week, earliest. Both of these I knew last week.

But I was fully expecting to hear a yes or no from the Midwest opportunity Tuesday. Then it slipped to Thursday (yesterday). Now I hear that there is still no decision, and won't be until end of next week, soonest.

Aaaaaaaaaah!

In the meantime, my agent (er.. recruiter) fell off the face of the earth this week, and has not gotten back to me on two other potential opportunities to pursue.

Someone has pushed "pause" on the cosmic video that is my career search. Say, God, did you, um... need to take an important call, or... maybe you kinda got the munchies, or... what ??? Would you mind terribly coming back and sitting down beside me again, so we could watch together and see where this show goes?

It's getting suspenseful, here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever consider that maybe God is wanting you to consider something that you're not currently? Are you tuned in to God's direct line, or are you chasing the jobs you want and hoping that God approves?

Bill said...

Ha. :) You're not the first to bring this up. And I'll just say in response that ... it's complicated. There's some of each going on, God's direction in the long-term, my lobbying in the short-term. We're in dialogue about this issue. :)

Anonymous said...

A wiser man than I once told me "If you ask God for something, He won't say 'No'. He only says 'Yes' or 'Not right now'."

Perhaps the long term direction God wants you to go in is clear to both of you, but the path to getting there is up for debate?

Have you let go of your own personal desire to have at least some control in this issue, and put your complete faith in Him to lead you where He wants you to be?

Bill said...

Nicely put in that second paragraph. That's pretty much it.

And as to your last question... this is where it gets complicated. As I read the Scriptures, there is a measure of personal discretion granted to, and cooperation expected from, the God-follower. (Judg. 9:33; 1 Sam. 10:7; Eccl. 9:10; Ps. 32:8-9) So, we pray, we act, we wait. Repeat.

Plus, I'm not the only person being led someplace. I don't travel this life alone. Others are affected by my choices, and are equally engaged in faith journeys of their own.

Still, thanks for the reminders, and the understanding.

Who links to my website?