Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me and Stephen Bishop

While reading H. Boer's Pentecost and Mission in the coffee shop the other day, I heard an oldie wafting in from speakers in the ceiling somewhere, interrupting my critical investigation of the so-called Great Commission and its effect on Missiology in Bible times vs today. So maybe I needed a mental break! :)

The singer and song seemed like they came from a time and place long ago and far away (the 70's, to be precise), but it was also a snippet of present reality for me.

A piece of his lyric caught me when I had first heard it, back in the day, and it still catches in my throat if I ever try to sing along:

So he takes a ladder
Steals the stars from the sky
Puts on Sinatra and starts to cry

On and on he just keeps on trying
And he smiles when he feels like crying
On and on, on and on, on and on...



Yeah. Me, too.

No comments:

Who links to my website?