Friday, March 17, 2006

Home Again

For two weeks this time. :) One of normal work in the local office and the next one in Chicago for a seminar and to visit our office there. One night I'll have dinner with an old friend from my prior company who now lives in an apartment in the Loop, on another have dinner with the kids (together or separately - not sure which), and all kinds of other fun things too numerous to mention! Sure, sure, you say... me, have fun? Nooo - way too stodgy. ;) I need to hang out with younger people. But if I did, then how would they have fun? :) Oh, I'll think of something to do, I'm sure. At least walk to Navy Pier on a clear night. It'd be nice to ride the ferris wheel... oooh - heart stopping entertainment!

I think I'm ready for Saturday and the funeral. I've worked through my feelings and am as ready as I'll get. For some reason it reminds me of the conversation Jesus had with various people when He was calling disciples. One went like this: "Come, follow me." "Lord, first let me bury my Father." "Let the dead bury their own dead. You, come follow me." But the guy never came. It always seemed harsh to me. But the cares of this life do have a tendency to crowd out one's devotion to God. It's hard to integrate the two, devotion to God and living in the world, especially with "responsibilities" to others that seem to just accumulate with time. Jesus knew that. I trust that "He knows my frame and remembers that I am dust."

So - wonder what kind of car I'll be handed the keys to at the airport this time? All I ever seem to get are PT Cruisers. ;)

No comments:

Who links to my website?