Friday, March 03, 2006

Dullsville, man

Looking at a dreadfully dull weekend coming up.

It's too cold to go out tonight. Windy... brrrr. So, I eat - and read - and eat - and read - and drink wine - and surf the net - and go to bed.

After 9 hours of sleep (I hope), tomorrow dawns and I venture out to find a local blockbuster to rent a video or 3 for the rest of the weekend. While I'm out I'll grocery shop, get the weekend paper...

I'll come back, follow the MU game on the net, then read the paper, watch a video, eat some peanuts, read, watch, eat, read, watch, eat. All this in my underwear. :) Lucky me! Except the part about going out earlier. I'll put some clothes on for that.

Sunday morning I'm going to check out an Episcopal church nearby. Their website says they have great music and choirs and organs and such like that there. 10:00 AM service, 11:30 Sunday symposium (whatever that is), then 4:00 Evensong (whatever that is.) Might just make a day of it! Maybe I'll convert... :) I could use a little "high church" right now.

I'm reading John Irving's "A Prayer for Owen Meany", and it's one of the best books I've ever read. Lots of theology (incl Congregationalism vs. Anglicanism) and really interesting characters. That plus my good friend the evangelical pastor Episcopal professor with the Ph.D. in theology from Catholic Marquette U has inspired me to look this Episcopal thing over a little. I think there's something to be said for Catholicism, but maybe going to an Episcopal church for a while will help me observe it from a respectful distance...

No comments:

Who links to my website?