Monday, September 12, 2005

Why Am I Not Past This?

Found myself in tears this morning at the breakfast table. Honestly, I thought this part was behind me. I had been doing well, I thought. Couldn't give a decent reason why, either. Simply couldn't say. I want it to be behind me, and then I don't. So worry about me prevails at home.

:(

I'm concerned about no followup from Schaumburg yet. Will have to call the recruiter this morning and find out what's up. The internal opportunities are frustrating, too. Talked to the hiring manager for the internal Altanta job Friday - they are still taking external candidates from recruiters! This certainly means they don't like the candidate pool they have so far, me included. Bah, humbug! I really am going to write this one off mentally.

Jenny seems happy in the new job. Several of her co-workers are new to Chicago and have similar interests, so she goes out to coffee with them now and then. There may be a concert opportunity for me to attend with her 9/20 in Chicago - would be nice to arrange a followup visit in Schaumburg that day, too.

Jonny is a real man about campus... spent the weekend in Des Moines at Jessie's house. Who's Jessie, we ask? Well, we don't ask, because we don't talk to him directly, but through a roommate interpreter... :) Oh, just some girl... mmm, hmm. At least there were nearly a dozen kids at her house for the weekend. Guess there's no homework to speak of... should I have really expected anything different? He's still the same kid.

No comments:

Who links to my website?