Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Delays and Closed Doors

The trip back to New England for a 2nd interview is off for the 19th. Postponed until the 28th due to travel conflicts with the interviewers. That means a full month after the first interviews! And, still no expense reimbursement from them for my airfare, hotel, car rental.

Heard back from the recruiter today about a second interview in Schaumburg - no such luck. They felt I was lacking experience in one particular area - happens to be the area that they want managed. Um... you have a point there, fellas... And they are right. But I didn't think, with the strong support staff in place, that they needed a technical expert. Guess they want one now. :(

Emailed my buddy in Columbus for a status report about the Des Moines trip, since I haven't heard anything back on that. He got back to me and said that they have nothing to offer me in my salary range - only at about 1/2 what I currently make! So - we cross off Des Moines & Columbus... :(

Did hear about the other internal possibility (other than Atlanta) in the Chicago loop. It has 4 direct reports, but is still a pay grade lower than I am now, same as Altanta. Probably not workable with the increased cost of living there, but the hiring manager does want to talk to me when he's in Chicago later this month. OK, we'll talk.

Especially since the only options I have left now are the one in St. Paul and these two unlikely internal opportunities. The field is narrowing, and I'm both glad of more clarity, but frightened of the rapid diminishing of possibilities. I have to get pretty serious about this St. Paul job now - real serious. Hmmm - wonder what suit I should wear for the 2nd interview?

No comments:

Who links to my website?