Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Narrowing The Field

Well, here we go. Got word from the recruiter that a 2nd interview is now scheduled with the New England company for the 19th. Still in their New England office, but the job is definitely OK to be in St. Paul. Yay! They also promised a trip to St. Paul to look around, if this next discussion appears to be leading to an offer.

The Schaumburg company is discussing my candidacy tomorrow. Hopefully I get some word back on that by Friday.

The company an hour West of here... is off the table. The parent company disapproved the job, so that's not an option anymore. :(

The remaining internal discussion about Atlanta is stalled, but I may hear something on that by the end of the week as well. Just moving very slowly. Nothing personal. Umm hmm. If you say so...

The office closure date is slipping into November, but I may be able to get an early release date, and still preserve the severance. Yet - I don't want to hurry the process. I'm not anxious to move, for many, many reasons. :) I'd kind of like to be working here at least through all of October, and then not move until after the Holidays.

Now, add to this that my Dad is going to have to go into a nursing home, maybe yet this week. Thankfully, my older brother is handling the details, even though he lives out of state. So I'll have to go see Dad sometime, when the details are complete, and help clean out his apartment of at least the family momentos. Ugh. Lousy timing... but, why not? Let's get all the trauma out of the way all at once, pack it all into a few months, and get it done. Just - can I get through it in one piece?

No comments:

Who links to my website?