Saturday, April 28, 2012

My last (political) hurrah

(at least for this election cycle) was held last Saturday at Stuart, IA in the gymnasium of the West Central Valley Wildcats.  Roar!

Some 500+ delegates and alternates showed up for the District Convention.  I found out that it was as cumbersome and drawn out a process as the County Convention was, albeit not as poorly handled.  The leaders seemed to know the procedures well, and handled them as best they could.  It's just that the procedures themselves were clumsy ones.  Ballot after ballot after ballot was needed to elect representatives to the State Convention.  They really could have used Instant Runoff Voting (IRV) to speed the process along.

Still, the people were nice - just regular folks doing their civic duty.  Like me.  :)

















Several of the elections to State Committees were hotly contested, with different factions of the GOP proposing slates of candidates that emphasized this viewpoint or that.  The small government, personal liberty types won the day by and large, so I went home tired but happy.



















The State Convention is in capable hands now, so I can go on my summer vacation with a clear conscience, having held up my end locally.  And it wouldn't surprise me a lick to see not a few of those pesky Ron Paul delegates winging their way to Tampa in August.

No comments:

Who links to my website?