Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fresh Ink

While on vacation this week, I got a refresh on my most recent item of "body art", as they call it. (By the way, this one is entirely theological in nature, as befits a Seminarian). As it dried following the first application earlier this year, there were a couple of spots where the ink didn't cover quite all the way. The artist warranted the work, so it was just a matter of screwing up the courage to go "under the needle" again, in what is admittedly a pretty sensitive spot. So I figured that a few days of vacation spent at home, with no serious agenda other than writing a research paper and winterizing a screened porch, might be the best time I'll have to deal with it.

Ow.

I had forgotten the intensity of the pain. But, I rationalized that since there was really not much in terms of monetary cost spent on the thing, and since you don't usually value something that doesn't cost you something... a little more pain would give it real value. :)

Ow.

More than a little. But now it should be good for about 10 years. And I can't picture wanting to do this again anytime soon.

No comments:

Who links to my website?