Monday, March 21, 2011

Out of that chair!

When I watch sports on TV, I'm normally not a vocal guy, or particularly demonstrative.  I will "talk" to the athletes, and offer advice and encouragement, but delivered in a tone one might use if one was next to them on the bench or walking down the fairway.  I don't holler.  If I get emotionally involved in a game or a match, I will get up from my chair and leave the room for a bit to use up a smidge of my built up tension, and calm down enough to come back and watch some more.

Except for last night.  :)  Watching the NCAA game between Marquette and Syracuse, all the above behaviors were in evidence until about the last minute & a half:  talk to the players, get out of the chair, head to the kitchen or pull up the internet, look in the fridge, etc., come back, check my brackets, sit down. Repeat.  Commercials are useful for these needed breaks from game intensity.

Then Syracuse does the over-and-back violation, MU takes the ball and DJO buries the three...  and, um...  I believe I lost my composure momentarily.  ;)  Explode out of the chair, hand claps, fist pumps, a deep-throated roar... hm.  Real fan behavior!  Once in a great while it shows up.

Watching the game in an empty house may have lowered my inhibitions a little.  And during all the excitement, I didn't think about my missing cell phone once.

Thanks, MU, for a thrilling distraction.

No comments:

Who links to my website?