Monday, January 17, 2011

Where in the world???

Thanks to a handy little web utility, I am aware that this humble blog has passed 11,000 hits since its inception several years ago, averaging about 3 visits a day. Remarkable, for what is little more than an on-line diary or journal, and kept by nobody special at that. There are a few diehard followers, many regular visitors, untold one-offs, and the occasional visitor from the "you must be kidding" category, like Googlebot, NASA or the IRS.

Although the utility doesn't provide me more than the city/state/country and domain for my visitors, I'm amazed at the range of countries where people live who have visited this site. Here's a short list:

Canada
India
Czech Republic
Germany
Denmark
Spain
Ireland
Malaysia
Romania
Russia
Sudan
Sweden
Singapore
Trinadad
France

And that's just within the last 100 visitors! Only 51% of my visitors come from the United States. Remarkable.

I have also noticed that many of the foreign visitors drop in because they have clicked on an image I have posted, which must be available through search engines. So I guess I'll keep posting oddball photographs. People seem to be drawn by them.

No comments:

Who links to my website?