Friday, January 21, 2011

This is a really long month

Okay, it's cold, it's dark, it's 31 days long, and there's no cool holidays in it (who has parties on MLKjr Day?). January pretty much has nothing going for it, except maybe New Year's Day due to the very nice parades and all, but... all the fun was technically in December, and it's all downhill from there.

Then personally, this year the month got even less appealing. Recurring snow and ice, a pressure-filled week at work this last week, along with being in the thick of another Seminary class, which has reading galore. :( So Thursday night, following a huge presentation during the day which I had been worrying about for three weeks, I absolutely crashed, skipped my workout, took a nap after work, studied very little, went to bed early. Bottomed out.

Much better day today, though. :) Unsolicited kudos rolled in on the presentation, and I had enough energy to not only work out, but after that shovel the drive, read a chunk of class material, and have a nice dinner out.

Even so, it's still January. Still cold, still snowy, still dark.

How far away is March, again? I love March.

No comments:

Who links to my website?