Saturday, October 09, 2010

Theology and Coffee

Fall appears to be coming to my fair city. Either that or the local trees have a thing about getting their tips frosted.



And speaking of my fair city...



This is one of the fairest shots I've seen of it. Pretty.

Are speaking of pretty shots...

this one at the coffee shop yesterday is something you don't see every day. A Rolls? Oof. I hung around to see who's it was, but nobody showed up, and eventually I got tired of studying.



One can only dig into the intricacies of 1&2 Chronicles for so long. Coffee does help, but only so much.



So, I went for a walk in the surrounding mall-ish area, which was gearing up for Martini-fest 2010. $15 for a pass card that gets you 10 sample-sized martinis at 10 different night spots in this retail area.



Sounded like a good deal, but the martinis offered were all frou-frou sugary concoctions that hardly resemble a martini at all. No thanks; guess I'm a purist in that regard: half gin, half vodka, a little dirty, four olives. That'll do, bud.

But it was a swell day to walk around and change my scenery before diving back into more tales of Israel's Southern Kingdom (aka Judah). At least there they had a few good kings, not such a bunch of corrupt politicians and hoodlums like those Northerners...

No comments:

Who links to my website?