Friday, October 22, 2010

Getting ready for a scolding - updated

Post-doctor visit report: No scolding, gained only 1 pound, but all other readings improved. Nothing out of range. :) Yay! One healthy specimen, this guy...

*********

By the time this posts (love this advance posting date feature..), I'll be 400 miles from home and sitting in the Dr.'s office waiting to get yelled at. :(

Well, maybe. We'll see I guess. My weight is probably up from last time, and she snapped at me about it then. Grrr...

But since this time I had the blood work done at a lab near home, they allowed me to see the blood test results right away via fax, and... they don't look so bad! Cholesterol's okay (both kinds), triglycerides are fine, blood glucose right at the range's edge. Thyroid hormone is alright, testosterone acceptable, minerals all good, PSA fine. The only real problem area is hemoglobin, but that's been consistently high for as long as I've been tested.

All I'm really concerned about is poundage. If she judges with the scale and not her eyes... I'm done for. :) Hmm... maybe if I wear a muscle shirt...

Umm, no.

Regardless, this office visit is followed by three days of retreat time on the shores of Lake Winnebago, to do my annual exercise of taking stock of myself. Plus whatever else my heart, feet and hands find to do that's pleasant. No doubt I'll think of something. :)

No comments:

Who links to my website?