Saturday, March 06, 2010

What's a few weeks, anyway?

Back in the early 70's, the CCM artist Andre' Crouch had a song the lyrics to which I memorized. It was about waiting patiently for the return of Christ to "take us home" (based loosely on John 14:1-3). The thrust of it was this: when life gets hard and you long for Paradise, adjust your perspective on time. The lyric went

count the years as months
count the months as weeks
count the weeks as days...
any day now, we'll be going home!

So this morning when I saw this headline on the NPR website, that lyric came flying back:

Unemployed Keep Busy As Weeks Become Months

As of today, the four weeks of February have turned into one month of unemployment for me. One. Feels so much longer than that (and it may well yet be). So, time to adopt the flexible time scale again... and sure enough...

any day now, I'll be back to work.

No comments:

Who links to my website?