Wednesday, July 29, 2009

That fresh ink smell

...mmm. I love it.

Especially when it's my new book. :)

I saw the galley proofs yesterday at the printer, and ... oooh.

J1's illustrations came through really well, and the flow of the words feels great with the timing of the page turns. Yeah, it's just softcover, saddle-stitched, but still.. it's that father-daughter collaboration we've been talking about for years, finally in print.

Vanity, vanity... there's no income in this thing, that's for sure. It's all outgo: the only benefit is that it's a "gift of self" for family and friends. Guess I've done my Christmas shopping for everybody, huh? Earlier than usual, but.. not by much. I do plan ahead. ;)

So until Scholastic picks it up and puts in it every classroom... I'll have to leave you with my favorite illustration from the book.



Ha - if only. :)

2 comments:

Future Urban Planner said...

Hey baby, you never know. Dream big!

Bill said...

Hey baby, in this particular case the dream includes you! :D

Who links to my website?