Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Diggin' on Kanye

The library finally shook loose a copy of Kanye West's latest CD, 808s and Heartbreak. As long as I've been waiting, I was sure he'd come out with another one by the time I got to listen.

So I pop it in the car CD player, and... oooh. Hey.

I am not a hip-hop fan, but this I like. I'm also not a fan of the electronic manipulation of the voice, so that it sounds like a keyboard (there must be a term for that. hm. "Auto-tune"?) His arrangements were chill and hip, though, so whatever it was he did with the voice seemed right in place with the rest of the arrangements. Just.. cool.

Now, I'm not saying that this CD is like Thriller or Sgt Pepper, but dang! Dang! I'd bet that 25 years hence, when the music industry looks back on this era, this CD is going to be considered a classic.

And it's a great accompaniment for cruising the streets of the city on a warm summer evening with the windows down and sun roof open, sound cranked up in that big black Charger.

Jes' me & Kanye, smoothin' it out. mm. mm. mm.

No comments:

Who links to my website?