Saturday, February 03, 2007

You get what you pay for

And since I paid nothing for the flu shot this season... that's about what I got for it!

Since the wee hours of Thursday morning until mid-day Saturday I've been useless because of this nasty flu thing that's making it's way around. Finally today I feel like I can think, and so am back at the books again. 1&2 Corinthians this week. Not exactly simple reading.

Hm. It must be air travel that allows it to sprout almost simultaneously in the Midwest and in New England.

I've always thought, though, that the flu shot doesn't really *prevent* the flu, but it makes it harder to catch, and if you do catch it, the severity of the illness is less. Boy, if this was less severe than normal.. I really feel bad for all of you who got this thing without benefit of the shot. Yikes!

So, while I still feel like I lost in a bar fight, I only missed one evening of study, and by the end of Sunday should be caught up, I hope. In the meantime, as Paul says, I press on toward the prize...

No comments:

Who links to my website?