Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's a scorcher out there

Wow! Is it ever hot! 90, sunny, humid... ugh. And to think some people like this stuff.

But this is New England. Why should it be like Savannah around here? Oy!

So, I stay inside today. Yesterday I built shelving for the garage wall, to get all the junk up and off the floor. Getting pretty close to fitting one car inside!

It would have been so much easier if we had sold that big living room sectional while still in the Midwest, but... a consignment place is coming later this week. Maybe they'll take it. Still have 4 dining room chairs, a stereo/TV cabinet, a computer desk, two iorental rugs. Someone! Buy our stuff!

But last night, I retreated from the heat to the existential coolness of the Lounge. Not only is it cool in the sense of hipster cool, but also very cool in the sense of air conditioning cool! :) :) :)

Reading Gods and Generals now, by Jeff Schaara, which I picked up at a bookstore at a Civil War battlefield on the way back from WIlliamsburg earlier this month. Is it ever good! He gets inside the heads of some of the men who were torn between love of homeland and duty to country. Cried a bit last night at one passage... I think I'm getting maudlin as I get older. :)

But I actually wrapped a throw around my legs because I got cold! Ahhhhh... almost like December. And the music in the Lounge - last night was Hawaii Calls from the 60's. Groovy, baby! Makes you want to light the tiki torches.

No comments:

Who links to my website?