Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bushes, bushes everywhere!

Took out the hedge trimmer this morning at 10, the 50' extention cord, a towel, 2 cans of soda and 4 advil. I was ready to trim the bushes! :) Now it's noon, I'm done, it's 84 degrees already, the towel and all articles of clothing are soaked, the soda is gone and I want 4 more advil before I step into the shower.

These things must have gone at least 4 years without trimming. Various spruces, cedars, some azaleas (almost like hedges), and holly! They all smell so good when trimming them. I think this is going to be a multi-year project to get them matched and balanced. But now I can get to the water meter, the outdoor faucets and outlets! They were REALLY overgrown.

What a busy week this week! Many, many "conversations" with nervous employees waiting to see where they'll be placed. Writing up and vetting my organizational announcement, trying to nail down the occupant of my last senior opening left to fill, keeping my bosses informed and communicating with each other, getting project inventories from all my staff, and the usual meetings meetings meetings... whew! I'm glad I'll be on the road for a while starting Tuesday. I need a break! :)

Heading for St. Paul for a few days on business, and then a few days of vacation, seeing some elusive rarely-sighted migrating family members, and maybe a friend or two, etc., after that. Back on the 10th, for two weeks alone with the dog, as Deb goes to see family and friends from the 9th until the 23rd. We actually pass each other in the airport. :) It's strange. But with no kids, it can work to function a little more independently like this. But I'll have to mow the grass! Yuk. Maybe it will be really dry and it will all turn brown and stop growing. Oh, but then I have to water it... oh well. Guess I have to do some lawn work. I suppose it will keep me off the streets...

The job-hunting saga continues for Jenny. An interview in Naperville on Tuesday with the company I work for! An entry-level claims adjuster position, which could allow a transfer in 2 years or so to the fine arts claim unit where she really wants to work. Plus, there's openings here in New England now in a regional claim office of ours, and her resume' is circulating there. Wouldn't that be strange? And, no, don't even think about it... she'd get an apartment. :)

Jonny will finally get his butt hauled into the eye doctor and the DMV while Deb is back home. Honestly, he's 19. What's so hard about calling Sears Optical, or standing in line for a license renewal? I hope he finds a wife who can manage his life for him. Sometimes he seems so helpless. Maybe that's why girls are so attracted to him. He's like a puppy they can care for and he's soooo cute!

There, I think the perspiration has finally stopped and I can go shower. Then, off for a drive in the car with the newly recharged a/c. Mmmm... cool, man!

No comments:

Who links to my website?