Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hot, Fast & Loud

How else to describe attending my first NASCAR race?  It was just a Friday night "pup" race on the NASCAR feeder circuit. The big-boy race (or big-girl if you're Danica Patrick - see her bus center left) was later on the weekend. But they still went 130+ mph, so their movement was faster than I had ever seen in person.

We were guests of a company for which my wife's employer (a large contracting firm) does work.  I was the accompanying spouse - a role I am warming up to nicely.  :)  They gave us access to their suite at the track, complete with comprehensive refreshments.

The pre-race warmups were about the only time you could be outside without ear protection, and I didn't really want to be outside at all due to the searing heat. Give me an air conditioned box with a TV monitor, food and drink, and relative quiet anytime. :)



But when you did step outside, it was soooo loud.



And just a tad fast...


No comments:

Who links to my website?