Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dooooorm Living is the Life For Me...

Riiight.

I am so glad to be back on my Tempur-Pedic mattress, in a climate-controlled residence, with a well-stocked fridge and only a half-flight of stairs to climb.  Enough of this back-to-college nonsense.






The place is so institutional. Small, cramped, mattress hard as a rock, no air conditioning. (note the trusty box fan in the window..) At least the halls were relatively empty being this early in the school year, so I could pad down one flight to the communal kitchen in my jammies to heat my morning coffee. :)


Funny name for a dorm. Maybe it was named after old Elmer T. Stub and his wife Francine who, being childless, left their farm implement business to the school when they passed...


Whatever. The outside of the place belied the spartan interior.


The grounds were pleasant,


with mature trees and a nice patio (if no smokers were there...)


and the view from the room windows wasn't bad, especially when the sun hit the downtown skyline just right.


Still, on the weekends I definitely got stir-crazy and claustrophobic and needed to get out.


There were a few favorite places to revisit,


one of which I saved as a reward for a paper well written, on time.


But even while relaxing... the learning process still beckoned.


Each class had a take-home assignment to do as a final. So, two more papers to go yet this week, and then I can cross off the 6 credits. Then immediately dive right in to my Fall Quarter class (Senior Integrative Seminar).

This year has been particularly tough - no break from January until Christmas vacation. Oof. But, when I get past Christmas, I will be rounding the last turn and heading for the finish line: Graduation in May 2012. God help me, I can do this!

No comments:

Who links to my website?