Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Exultate! Jubilate!

What an extraordinary day. I walked out of the office to my car at noon and could not believe what I was feeling. It must be 68 degrees out, I thought. Then I started driving and the thermometer said 81. Wha-huh? 81? No way.

Later, back at the office I checked the dew point map and - voila! No more red dots focused on Iowa! Pale yellow! Light green! And by the time I left work, the dew point was in the 40s. It felt marvelous out, even with temps in the low 80s.



But I gained a spiritual insight as well. It was such a perfect day that when I stepped out of the car again (to head into the library, return my Vienna Teng and Shadowfax CDs, and pick up one by Sly and the Family Stone and a Michael Jackson anthology) praise to God spontaneously erupted from me. Couldn't help it, right there in the parking lot, I'm grinning like a fool and lifting CD-filled hands to God in gratitude for such a day. After giving thanks, I boldly ask God:

Why can't it be like this every day?

"Because then, son, you would love this world too much. Remember, this is not home."

Oh. Yeah. Sorry God... on days like this I forget. :)

"See?"

No comments:

Who links to my website?