Thursday, April 16, 2015

So much for an original idea...

But honest, I did come up with it independently.  Just not first. Apparently not by a long stretch.

I'm reading a small book of essays on Relational Theology, written mostly by pastors and theologians from the Wesleyan tradition (incl. Nazarenes, open Theists, etc.), and so far am really enjoying it.  While it's disheartening to know my views aren't original, it's also nice to know I'm not the only theologian with some out-of-the-mainstream notion that nobody else agrees with.

So, I go out to Goodreads.com to log my progress in the book, half-expecting that Goodreads will know nothing of this book, that it's far too obscure to be in their catalogue.  Not so!  It popped right to the top of the search list, along with over 20 others!  Holy relationships, Batman.  There's a treasure trove of titles out there to explore.

Still, not to worry that the whole field has been tilled and planted already.  I'm still seeing essays I could write that would "contribute to the literature", as they say.  There'll still be something to do in retirement after all...

No comments:

Who links to my website?