Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Travel Month(s), Part 4

Let's see... 72 degrees and breezy, or 22 degrees and breezy?   When would I trade the former for the latter?  When the latter is in Lambeau field for the Vikings game, that's when!

But boy, I'll tell you... 72 and breezy was pretty great.  When I first traveled to Hamilton, Bermuda in June I was NOT ready to declare it Paradise: too warm & humid.  But this time, wow.  So comfortable.

Getting there was not so great; one of the bumpiest flights I've had in a long time.  Hailstones pounding the plane on the tarmac, and then flying through these clouds to boot:


But once there, and in between meetings hanging out on the street with my co-workers, leaning up against the nearest palm tree in the shade and feeling the wind drifting across my "happy face"... I was ready.  Paradise it is.   These are shots out my hotel window, including moonset at dawn:



Then there's the views from the meeting rooms.  Mighty hard to concentrate on business when the pier is waiting...




And you don't even have to bring up the local rum (made by Bacardi, which has its world headquarters there) and the ridiculous deep discount available on it at the Duty Free shop at the airport.

Still, bone-chilling cold at Lambeau that forces one to have a snowshoe (hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps) to warm up... well, I guess that's a worthwhile experience, too, especially when shared with co-workers and mostly paid for by a vendor, including dinners, snacks, drinks, etc.  Worth a little chill to the bones for the sake of camaraderie.









Back in the hotel room after that zero-degree windchill, this was the view that mattered most:


Well, this was the last of the travel for a while.  My feet will be on the ground for the next several months.  Let it snow, baby!

No comments:

Who links to my website?