Friday, September 06, 2013

September is Travel Month.

Come to think of it, so is October, and November...

Along with some new job duties I'm picking up this year, come some travel responsibilities.  Fortunately, since I don't travel all that well, just sort of tolerate it, it's only for about 3 months of the year.  I'm becoming the "reinsurance buyer" for my company (the budget for which is nearly $40,000,000, so I'm taking it pretty seriously!) and that means traveling to where the reinsurers are, in order to market us and thereby try to get the best possible terms for all that money.

Aside from a stray trip to Bermuda in June, we just finished a series of meetings right here where we hosted some reinsurers looking for our business, then there is a trip to Las Vegas next week for a related conference, then a trip to Europe (Hannover, Germany and London, England) at the end of the month, another one in mid-October to Boston for a conference at which reinsurers gather, followed by another trip to Bermuda in November.  And by that time, if we don't have a deal put together, then I'm not cut out for this role!

And somewhere in there we close on, and move into, a new house.  Mostly when I'm gone.  But hey... what else is new?  Moving has never been convenient.  ;)  I'll settle in over Thanksgiving.  Or Christmas.  Or something.

So, watch this space for the occasional blurt of pictures from exotic (and routine) places.  I will actually try to get out of the meeting rooms and into the street if I can.




No comments:

Who links to my website?