Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!

So good to see the election of a Pope from someplace other than Europe, especially since the church has not been Euro-centric for, like, decades, right?  Let's hear it for the Argentines!  And the Jesuits!

Hey, maybe the Pope will come to the Big East tournament next year when it's the Catholic 7+ playing ball (mostly Jesuit schools, BTW, so the Holy Father should feel right at home there in the Garden).


He is a bit long in the tooth, though, don't you think?  I mean... 77 or some such "way up-there" age?  Let's hope that he doesn't become too pooped to Pope, like that last guy Benny did.

Pope Francis is his adopted Pope-name, apparently.  Good call on that, I think.  He could do worse for an inspiration than St. Francis of Assisi, you know?  "God grant me the serenity..." to know what I can and can't change, and all that stuff.

Oh, and Timothy Cardinal Dolan?  Hang in there, boss.  You got next.

No comments:

Who links to my website?