Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Winter Somewhere, Right?

So here we are in mid-December again, decorating the house, while Karen Carpenter sings: "It's that time of year when the world falls in love, every song you hear seems to say "Merry Christmas'...", there's a holiday party to go to tonight, and I want another cookie right now.

But there's no snow.  Instead there's a cold rain, and it's not looking like a real great chance of a White Christmas.  However, last weekend, I had my fill of snow for a while, including driving in it, standing in line in it, etc.  Minneapolis got a foot of the stuff the very day I went north by car for a Vikings/Bears  game.  Witness the Metrodome upon arriving, and the line waiting for the light rail afterwards.  Fortunately I parked under cover at the Mall of America, and didn't have to scrape off before heading home.




But boy, did we have great seats! First time in my life that I have sat right on the 50 yard line, and only 18 rows back. Wow.


It was great to be in that stadium again, even if it is small, and kind of a dump. The food is cheap, though, compared to other pro venues. And of course, the "community sing" happened every time there was a Viking score (and there were a few!), where we all sang along to "Skol! Vikings, let's go!".





Fun day, even with the snow. At least I can say I actually saw some this year. :)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and who does know anyone completely?

Who links to my website?