Thursday, November 18, 2010

We're movin' on up...

to-ooo the East Side... " Oh, wait - that's from The Jeffersons. Actually, we're on the West Side.

People ask me how I like it here compared to my previous city. Usually I say that except for the non-existent music scene, it's much more my speed. I like the smaller footprint of the city, yet with a well-built-out highway & transit system. It has a small-town, middle America feel, while at the same time having every kind of trendy retail outlet there is (now that TJ's has opened).

Unemployment is low, so is cost of living. Summer was nasty, but maybe winter won't be, we'll see. Fall has been great, maybe Spring will be, too. I can see why Yahoo would consider that I moved up a couple notches in livability.

It is home yet? Well.... no. But it seems like a good fit, so maybe it will become home in not too long.

No comments:

Who links to my website?