Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lights and Leaves

I'm always a happy boy when I see signs of Fall approaching. Signs like... the first leaves to turn,




and the temperature dropping low enough to chill my neck when I leave the office to head home.

But I'm not so crazy about the loss of daylight. In just one week the hours of daylight will equal 12 - a balance between darkness and light. But after that the darkness will begin to crowd out the light, the yin giving place to the yang.



I have steadfastly refused thus far to turn on my headlights when I leave for work in the morning, but the time is coming soon when I will no longer be able to ignore the ever-encroaching dark.


But you know... if a season of darkness is inevitable... a guy really ought to learn to dance with it. :)





And I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy????

Bill said...

mmmm... that's what I feel like when Autumn chills the air - like I should dive into leaf piles, and go throw the football around with the neighbor kids. :)

'cept in this neighborhood they're all in their seventies, so I have to stick with an internal youthfulness gig.

Who links to my website?