Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Easing his grip

Met with Pebo today, and reviewed status on a number of things. He was pleased and very encouraging. I felt his grip loosening. Ahhhh...

And yet, I know if I let down for a second and he gets nervous, he'll start squeezing again. Maybe a dog wearing a shock collar is a good analogy. Get too close to the edge of the lawn (or in my case, too far astray from the work plan) and... zap!

(sigh)

My dog, Inferno, got used to it. Maybe I will too! :) He still gets into mischief in the house. I'll bet I still can. ;)

Ha. Right. Mischief at my age. That reminds me of a song lyric sung in the 40's by Julia Lee, a rhythm & blues singer. She sings to her aging lover man:

When you were young,
Your motor was fine.
Now your rear end's shot,
You're in low gear all the time!

You ain't got it no more.
You ain't got it no more.
Can't get yourself arrested!
You ain't got it no more.



Not me, though. Hey, baby, I still got it! Oh yeah!

Um, I think so anyway.

Hm.

No comments:

Who links to my website?