Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shingles are flying!

For a while there, I was almost afraid to set foot outside for fear I'd get knocked on the head by a chunk of asphalt frisbee sailing across the yard.



Finally a stretch of nice days where the roofers can do their thing. :) But what a mess. And the pounding! This is one time where being a telecommuter is not so great. Bang, bang, bang all day long, and into the evening.



I mean, jeepers! I could hardly hear the television. ;)

Oh, don't worry, I was only watching on my lunch hour, and only then because of the 18-hole playoff in the U.S. Open between Tiger and Rocco. (sounds like a couple of names for mobsters, not golfers...)

So it goes 18 extra holes, and Tiger ties it on the 18th to force sudden death at about 3:00 and.. I have a teleconference! Arghh! Why do they schedule these things during the work day?? (playoffs, I mean, not meetings.)

But thankfully there is streaming video from the USGA, and I could see bits of it on my Mac while discussing the exhibits we were screensharing on my work PC.

Gosh, the things a guy has to do these days to stay wired in...

No comments:

Who links to my website?